已改变,成长中

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Lovehate to Caffeine

First up, to all the coffee lovers out there, lemme stir your senses with this.



Grrrr don't they look tempting??


I used to have phobia to the smell of coffee when I was little. I gave the same twist on my face when I sniff alcohol back then. Who would have guessed that later it became the love of my life?

When it comes to coffee, I put myself in dilemma most of the times. Here's why.

Caffeine. Whoever that invented it was a genius nyahah. As we grow older our taste buds change, and that only happened recently when I started to surprisingly crave for coffee. I used to tell my mom that I will never get addicted to coffee, other than it's effect, nothing of it really attracts me. 

That brings me to my next point. Coffee has an ability to boost your (at least my) energy. Since nobody has ever explained to me why, I treated it like a magical beverage that helps me stay up for revision back in high school. Until later I found out it was the caffeine's effect. Dumbdumb. As many of your have already known, caffeine is a stimulant to our central nervous system, it has already become a need to me ever since. Well more like a must. It makes me forget my worries, it gives me energy, it is like my drug.

Caffeine seems to be a reason for me to be happy in a day. It has slowly became my routine in the morning. Since a week ago, I woke up every morning with the urge to brew coffee, I guess that signals me my addiction. 

Studies have shown that coffee helps improve our health. However, there are still researchers that say otherwise. Regardless, coffee, is, my, thing. I'm kinda thankful that caffeine actually works for me. Because as much as I see it as a magical beverage, there are still plenty of people around me that say coffee makes them sleep better. It has the ability to stimulate us by blocking the neuroreceptors for the sleep chemical adenosine. Which also means, each time you partake the magical beverage for the day, it instantly creates a competition between caffeine and adenosine. Well obviously caffeine would win. 

The sad part is, caffeine has side effects. Despite its magical effects, coffee can give you pretty ugly teeth. Just like soda, too much of them will stain your teeth and make them yellowish. Well of course that happens only if you drink TOO much. I guess a cup a day wouldn't be too much ayee? :3 Oh but I have a solution thou. 


Because I'm siding caffeine over adenosine, you would probably see more advantages in my post. Truth is, coffee harms more than it helps. Other than the 6 hours of wow-im-so-energized-and-positive moment, I would still let adenosine take over for the rest of the day. So yeah, I'm cutting down on coffee. I need to overcome my addiction. Till then, no more coffee for the following week. #feelingdrugaddict




Behind every successful assignment, there is a cup of coffee




no please go away

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© Now and Then, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena